Swim TeamUpdated Sunday February 12, 2017 by Deb Rinehart.
Red Hook Sea Raiders
Welcome to the Red Hook Sea Raiders!
The Red Hook Sea Raiders Swim Team is a competitive swim team for youth ages 6 to 18. Pre-team is also available for children ages 5-7. Pre-team swimmers need to be comfortable enough to jump in the water unassisted and swim a short distance without flotation devices. The swim season is 6 weeks in length and is a great opportunity for kids to build swim skills while having fun! Our team is one of eight teams in the DUSO League (Dutchess and Ulster Swim Organization... http://www.DUSO.org). It is also a fun family sport - we need YOUR involvement as well! This year’s registration is on line. Go to the registration tab on the www.redhookpool.org home page. We will not have swim suit try ons this year. We encourage all team swimmers to purchase the team suit. It is available in youth/adult sizes online at http://www.swimoutlet.com/redhooksearaiders Other useful swim gear, such as googles etc., can also be purchased at the same time should you require it. Please order your suits early to ensure you can get the size you require. Click on Team Suits tab to make sure you are purchasing the correct suit.
To begin registration please click the registration tab on the pool’s home page.
For more information please contact:
Trudi Kubsch 845.518.0162, email: email@example.com or
Julia Liu at 908.447.1484, email: Jaliu8466@gmail.com
2017 Coaching Staff: Head Coach Kevin Storrs, Assistant Coaches: Mike Burud, Illysa Timpanaro and Hannah Kubsch
This year we are hosting Championships on August 5!
Listed are swim team survival guidelines for parents and swim team members!! Check www.duso.org for further information about directions to away meets. Please join our Remind link for updates and swim team cancellations due to weather on your phone. This is a free, quick and easy way for us to get important text messages to everyone. Enter the number 81010 and text @searaider7 or go to the link https://www.remind.com/join/searaider7 for more info. It will say ‘Welcome to Mrs. Kubsch’s Class’ since it is generally used by teachers!
Practice begins Monday June 12, 2017 and runs Monday through Friday from 4-5:15pm until the Red Hook School District gets out for the summer. Then practice in the mornings. This regular practice schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30- 9:15a.m. with younger swimmers getting out between 8:45-9:00a.m. This schedule begins on June 26, 2017.
June 16th 4:15PM Manditory Parent Meeting Friday during practice
Tentative Meet Schedule may be subject to minor changes so check back closer the beginning of the season
Sunday July 2nd ….Red and White Meet 9 a.m. warm up
Saturday July 8… Red Hook HOME vs. Rhinebeck
Wednesday July 12.....Red Hook AWAY vs. Hyde Park
Saturday July 15 .....Red Hook HOME vs. New Paltz
Wednesday July 19 ......Red Hook HOME vs. Kerhonkson
Saturday July 22 .......Red Hook AWAY vs. Zena
Wednesday July 26 .....Red Hook AWAY vs. Rosendale
Saturday July 29 ...Red Hook HOMEvs. Hurley
Wednesday Aug 2… Dual meet make up day
Saturday Aug 5… DUSO Championships ar Red Hook Pool!!!
Directions to away meets are on the DUSO website www.duso.org . Meets last approximately 3-3 ½ hours. Meet times are as follows:
Wed. night warm ups start at 4:00 p.m., the meets begin at 5:00 pm.
Saturday warm ups start at 8:00 am, the meets begin at 9:00 am.
1. Our swim meets run completely on a volunteer basis. Each meet require between 40-50 volunteers. Therefore it is necessary that each family “volunteers” their time at all meets. Please check Sign Up Genius through your email for job assignments and sign ups.
2. At our home meets, the swim team provides a snack bar. The snack bar runs completely on donations from each swim team family. As part of your registration, a $30 buy out has been added to cover the costs of baked goods/snacks/fruit/beverages we purchase to sell at the meets. In the past we have had families bring food to sell, but we are finding that more and more families opt for the buy out, so we are now requesting everyone participate in that way so we can eliminate the amount of coordination necessary to coordinate that. This year we have 4 home meets plus championships to buy food for!
3. Team Swim Suit. Available in youth and adult sizes online at http://www.swimoutlet.com/redhooksearaiders Please order early (before May) to ensure the size you need is in stock. For more information, contact Julia Liu at 845 757 2262.
4. Swim clinics will be available throughout the season for swimmers in Lanes 3-6 who would like additional stroke instruction. These clinics have limited space and are not a substitute for morning practice but are beneficial, especially to the newer swimmers. Clinics will run Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 28th . Lane 3-4 are from 7:00-7:45pm and Lanes 5-6 sre from 7:45 – 8:30pm.
5. Our coaching staff would appreciate everyone in attendance at swim meets. A roster (with each swimmer’s name) will be posted on the swim team’s bulletin board prior to each meet. Please check yes or no to indicate your attendance at the meet. This allows our coaches to plan each meet more accurately. If you are aware of schedule conflicts, please notify your coach. If your name is not on the list, add it to the bottom.
7. Several special events (Pasta Party, Ice Cream Party, Sleep over, etc.) are planned throughout the swim season. Please be sure to check your email through sign up genius for more information. Tentative dates and times are listed on the calendar.
8. The Sea Raiders are looking for a few good men/women to volunteer their time to a good cause. We are hosting Championships this year so we plan to need a lot of helpers this year! More on that to follow. For the regular season, we need Snack Bar Assistants, Stroke and Turn Officials, Special Event Coordinator, etc. For more information, please call Trudi at 845 518 0162 or Julia at 845 757 2262. Please remember every meet your family attends, will require an adult representative to volunteer.
Team Awards and Overnight TBA
Please check the Team Bulletin Board for updates and/or changes.